In this role, you will act as a liaison between technical and non-technical people within the firm. Candidates for this position must have strong communication skills, both written and oral. Excellent organizational skills are a must for this fast paced, high visibility location.
Hours of work:
1. 9 hours working as per shift timings
2. Some work outside of these hours can be expected.
3. Salary: INR 8000 to INR 19,000 depending on ability and skillset.
4. No leaves during probation period
1. Troubleshoot and resolve hardware, connection, printer and software issues reported to the Service Desk
2. Update network applications as required
3. Maintain daily tape backup and off-site tape storage
4. Troubleshoot and resolve all problems encountered with hardware and software.
5. Replace or repair defective parts and equipment.
6. Conduct IT related training for new users
7. Provide support to the Technology team
8. Increase efficiencies, technical ability and interpersonal skills
9. Perform routine server monitoring and performance benchmarking
10. Monitor and remove virus, spyware, and other non-authorized software
11. Complete special projects as requested
12. Purchase hardware and software following set procedures with guidance from the Senior IT Manager.
13. Obtain hardware and software quotes on behalf of users and other IT team members.
14. Maintain the IT Asset Management System ensuring that all assets are recorded and updated/removed when required.
Technical skills and knowledge:
1. Windows 2000, XP and Windows 7
2. Microsoft Office 2003 onwards and other common desktop applications
3. Basic networking skills including TCP/IP and the ability to configure network printers