Develops custom, often complex WordPress-based solutions along with general PHP framework-based solutions. Aids sales staff, account managers, and others in requirements gathering, web project planning, and general technical questions. Provides leadership in finding/developing new technologies and methods to advance the company's web offerings. Aids other developers with system design and implementation. Performs server maintenance and monitoring. Supports current company website by providing technical support.
Works with: Principal, brand strategists, brand managers, designers, programmers, development, account service, copywriters, SEO manager; regularly engaged in internal and client meetings to explore and confirm project scope.
Specific Skills Strong understanding of PHP back-end development.
2. Intermediate to advanced knowledge of WordPress
3. Knowledge of PHP frameworks (CodeIgniter, Symfony, Yii, Zend, etc) a plus. Laravel strongly desired.
4. Knowledge of how to interact with RESTful APIs and formats (JSON, XML) a plus.
5. Knowledge of change control systems, specifically Git, a plus.
1. Contributing to scope of build conversations with development team, project managers, designers and other developers
2. Integrating sliced PSD files (usually already converted to HTML/CSS) into either WordPress or some other proven open source system (note: WordPress is our primary CMS platform); many of our builds are responsive
3. Developing custom web applications that drive business processes
4. Setting up e-commerce applications
5. Monitoring health and uptime of servers (general server admin in a managed services environment; no in-depth configuration required)
6. Collaborating with design, strategy and sales teams to find solutions for client website projects
7. Contributing to support of current client websites
8. Participating in regular company-wide and team meetings
9. Participating in on-site and off-site client meetings
10. Contributing to NSM's best practices; recommending, exploring and implementing better ways to deliver
11. Growing personal and team member expertise through training, exploring and prospecting
1. Must be comfortable working with faith-based organizations
2. An excellent communicator and collaborator
3. Able to organize and run meetings, leaving with clear objectives and tasks
4. Comfortable talking with clients (via phone, email and in person)
5. Detail-oriented in context of a fast-paced environment
6. Capable of hitting daily deadlines
7. Exceptional analytical skills
8. Strong interpersonal skills
9. Pleasant, personable demeanor (face-to-face, on the phone and via email)
10. Keen ability to multi-task; self-starter
11. Capable planner
12. A strong vocabulary
13. Teachable spirit
14. Sense of humor